Sunday, August 3, 2014

Hello, and welcome to my new blog, Maturity Rocks!

This blog is for gals who are working on the second half of live - over fifty, but still feeling great, and not wanting to go anywhere near the definition of a "senior citizen!"

This blog will be about many things - fashion, food, lifestyles of the not-so-rich and not-so-famous.... plus some things that are experienced only by us *ahem* mature gals!

To introduce myself:  I'm Cynthia, a divorced empty-nester in Fort Worth, Texas.  My views are conservative, and I consider myself an evangelical Christian.  I have two very spoiled Dachshunds.  My son is in a ministerial program, and his career choice is worship leader.

As this blog progresses, you'll learn about me and my family, and what I consider to be important issues to women over 50.  After all, isn't that what a blog is for, to express personal opinions?

Why don't we start with a little fashion?  I love fashion - not just the shopping part, but the whole industry, from design, into production, shows, and then yes, the shopping!  Not so secret fact about me, I'm a huge thrifter!  I have found new-with-tags designer fashions for pennies on the dollar!  Those Ralph Lauren trousers for $14, and that Kate Spade bag for $6....

If, like me, you hang out on Pinterest, you see lots of fashion ideas, but very few that would work for anyone over the age of, oh, 23.  Super-skinny and torn jeans, revealing tops, and Tom's just don't work for the second half of life!  Also, if you're on Pinterest, you've seen the sets of clothes, shoes, bags, etc., from a site called Polyvore.  (Remember that board game Mystery Date, where you had to create an outfit for a date?  A lot like that!) Those will be featured in the fashion section.  (Mainly because I'm in the process of losing some pounds and don't want to model clothes right now!)

Let's look at an outfit that will work for lots of different casual summer occasions:



As you can see, I've created a look that has shoes, bag, even nail polish and makeup suggestions.  Usually, Polyvore offers some pretty pricey deisgns.  I'm offering some of these collages as suggestions.

I do want to make a point - get a white shirt, a good one.  Spend the money on a new designer shirt, or exhaust the thrifts to find one.  I have a beautiful white blouse from Chico's that cost all of $10, brand new.  It goes with a suit or jeans, and looks fabulous either way.

That's just a little intro, and a taste of some things you may see here.  Bear with me as I get settled in.  I hope you come back again!

Many blessings,
Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment